Thursday, April 28, 2005

Gucci Studded Flap Bag

Gucci's Studded Flap Bag is one of the "It" bags of the season, and it's being toted around by the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker and Jessica Alba.


Photo courtesy of neimanmarcus.com

While velvet is a little strange for spring/summer, it contrasts nicely with the extravagant crocodile. I'm enamored with the dark pink velvet (I know, you're shocked), but it's also available in green. Both are available for pre-order now, with an expected early June release. The mini size (pictured) retails for $3,790, and the medium size goes for a whopping $5,380.

Take note that Saks is imposing a limit of three of these bags per customer every 30 days due to high demand... Sadly, I don't think this will be much of a problem for me.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger ET said…

    What do you think of the Gucci medium shoulder bag (also at Saks or Gucci.com on horrific backorder)? Is this going to be a trend, or a classic?

    And do you have a bag recommendation for wear with winter shearling and/or fur (faux) coats?

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love it!

    Also, I love your blog in general.
    I haven't had much of a chance to check out the archives, but I am wondering if you ever posted a pic of the gucci hobo that was the canvas signature w/ turquoise leather accents. (not this years edition that added the studs and bamboo and all that stuff) I saw it at gucci in Feb. 2004. I LOVE it, and have everyone I know on detail to find and buy if they ever see it on consignment, however some need a pic for reference...
    anyways, love your site!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh yeah, and jessica alba was a fan of the sig/turquoise too, I saw her with it in a couple of mags.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home