Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Wallets, Part I

While I like wallets, I don't desire them nearly as much as handbags. I view them as being mostly functional, and I'm not the type of person who takes the time to match their small leather goods with their handbags. Consequently, I only own one wallet, the Porte-Monnaie Billets Viennois, basically a Vernis French purse:

Photo courtesy of eluxury.com

I was immediately seduced by the glittery, shiny finish of the patent calfskin. (I secretly have the taste of a drag queen, remember?) It's a great compact size and is flashy enough to be used as a clutch in the evenings. It has four credit card slots, so I keep the extra cards in the coin purse with the golden kiss-lock clasp. Since there's no room for a check book, I keep a couple of loose checks with the bills in the long currency pocket. For those with more subdued tastes, this wallet also comes in the epi leather and signature monogram canvas.

That being said, if I had infinite wealth, I would definitely add these beauties to my collection:

Photos courtesy of coach.com

If you're the type of girl that has tons of credit cards and likes to keep them organized, then Coach's Soho Slim Envelope wallet may be just what you need. It has ten credit card slots and a full-length, gusseted billfold. There is a inside zip coin compartment and a handy outside pocket to keep your receipts. Available in the Optic signature jacquard and leather.


Photo courtesy of coach.com

If you want less plastic storage and more whimsy, there is also the adorable novelty mini wallet. While it has only four credit cards, it does feature two multi-function pockets, a full-length bill compartment, outside zip coin compartment, and most importantly, patent leather and beaded ladybug applique!


Photo courtesy of neimanmarcus.com

From Gucci we have this glorious Continental Wallet. Not much of a description for this one, but it appears to have nine card slots. What I love most is the vibrant orchid pink leather trim, which brings an unexpected pop of color to the ordinarily drab beige GG fabric.

There are few more wallets I would like to mention, but this post has gotten ridiculously, ponderously long, and I've already lost portions of it four times between the Preview and Edit HTML screens. Thanks, Blogspot, your "Recover Post" function works like complete crap!

So, thanks to Claudia's innocent request for some wallet suggestions, a long-dormant wallet lust has been awakened. See you tomorrow for more small leather goodness.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    Cranky Biscuit - you surpass yourself! You have a 'taste of a drag queen' - that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time....HAHAHA! I will have to use that expression some time!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I usually don't go for the monotony of most Gucci wallets, but that one is stunning. The novelty mini wallet is too cute. Who makes that one?

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger CrankyBiscuit said…

    Cordelia- the novelty mini wallet is made by Coach. They're doing alot of stuff with ladybugs this season, and I love it all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home