Monday, August 08, 2005

A Public Service Announcement

As we head into the fall season, I would like to remind the ladies of Los Angeles (and other temperate cities) of one thing:


Photo courtesy of neimanmarcus.com

Unless you're actually preparing for a trek across arctic tundra, you will look ridiculous in boots such as these. Especially if you pair it with a mini skirt and a wispy camisole. I beg you, stop this madness.

And Marc Jacobs, you know I love you, but I feel compelled to remind you that the vast majority of your customers are not Aleuts. Please keep this in mind before designing future footwear.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:00 AM, Blogger JT said…

    haha. though these are quite fugly, i can imagine them being warm and cozy on a freezing morning!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger ET said…

    I, of course, LOVE these. Make fun of me all you like, but I have happy feet. But I wear mine (UGGs, not these) with jeans. And I want to move to Maine.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger CrankyBiscuit said…

    I had a feeling you might, et. :) You get a pass because you live in an area where it actually snows, and you wear them with climate appropriate clothing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home