Friday, March 18, 2005

Please, just let it die

I don't know who this Muriel Brandolini is, but I'd like to give her a swift kick in the pants for trying to foist this "belt bag" on me.


Photo courtesy of bluefly.com

Okay, this is a fanny pack, people. I don't care how many handy compartments there are, or how many animals are embroidered on it, this thing has no business being around your waist unless you were cryogenically frozen in it back in 1982.

And don't even get me started on how tremendously unflattering this is. Why in God's name would anyone want to spend $109 on a bag that adds bulk to the hip and tummy regions? And keep in mind that $109 is the sale price.

I've seen my share of ugly handbags, but this is the first to trigger a gag reflex. I think I need to go lie down now.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Bag chick said…

    It looks like a leftover from when "aprons" were in style.
    It could be handy for cleaning house though. You'd have a pocket for the duster, rags, windex...

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Badger said…

    Oh. Mah. Gawd. It's like the preppy-femme version of the utility belt my brother wore when he worked in construction. Pass the Pepto.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gag reflex is right......ewwwwwww.
    I truly have no words...

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! My name is dowdydiva. May I take your order please?

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! My name is dowdydiva. May I take your order please?

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Misc. Muse said…

    Ugliness rules here- Apron, please don't insult them - apron are much nicer. Utility belt is about it. LOL

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Jasmine said…

    Wow. How unappealing. It would probably come in handy as a chastity belt.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It ain't no hangbag, it's a waist bag ;)

    It's fugly nonetheless

     

Post a Comment

<< Home