Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Broken ankle free with purchase

I'm all for style over comfort, but I really have to draw the line at these:


Photo courtesy of zappos.com

Aside from lacking any actual style (does anyone still buy white pumps?) they're just confusing. What's the point? Exactly what is wrong with putting the heel under your heel? You know, where the majority of your body weight rests? I'm sure there's some rigid counterbalance dealie going on in there, but it just looks like the metal heel drives right into the arch of your foot. Comfy.

I don't know about you, but I think I'll pass on being a human physics experiment, thanks.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:11 AM, Blogger Inwardly Confused said…

    Apart from anything else they are just damn ugly. Yack yack and double yack.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like white pumps, especially in the summer, and these are
    fascinating in an avant-garde way. United Nudes' other shoes are just as strange. I've signed up for the Zappos update just because my curiousity is piqued. Does this mean I think they are actually wearable? Uh, nope.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Dimestore Lipstick said…

    These are supposed to be a tribute to Eames furniture. And they look just about as comfortable as Eames furniture. While the United Nudes Mobius looks like it could almost be bouncy and supportive, these make my arches ache just looking at them.

    http://images.google.com/images?q=eames+furniture&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

     

Post a Comment

<< Home