Friday, February 25, 2005

Environmentally Fashionable

A reader (and fellow handbag enabler) sent me an interesting link to Ecoist Bags. The designer makes a collection of bags made from recycled snack bags, soda labels, and candy wrappers. They are surprisingly cute, and make a great conversation piece.


Photos courtesy of ecoistbags.com

I like the clutches (which come with matching wristlets) and basket totes in particular. All the bags are unique and handmade, taking each artist 2-5 days to produce. Ecoist also works with Global ReLeaf and plants a tree for every bag purchased. So now you can buy a bag and feel like you’re contributing in some small way to the environment!

Thanks to Jessica for the great link.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Harrods Girl said…

    Its a nice concept, u know, the whole recycle idea, but I'm not sure I want to carry a bag that was made of junk.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Haha, I was totally laughing from the comment you left on my blog!

    I'm in search of a nice clutch for every use, any suggestions?

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The bottom one has sort of a Bottega Veneta thing going on, don't you think? Love the colors, too. This is nice; thanks for the link.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Bag chick said…

    Hey, I used to make those in camp from gum wrappers, but those are cooler.
    I was planning to do a recycled today when I saw yours, Cranky Biscuit. Weird.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Petra said…

    Hey girl, cute bags! They don't look home-made at all... You shouldn't have told us:)

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger LonaDay said…

    we used to make those for our school bazaar. these are way cooler, tho. I'll steal the colour ideas and make one for myself.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love these bags they are so unique, I have one of the large baskets that I use for just about everything, everything fits there, I take it to the beach, to the farmer's market....I've been using recycled products for a long time now so it was natural for me to buy one of these bags...It has been one of my best purchase! plus I planted a tree!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home