Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Everything old is ugly again

I want you to know that I really tried. I did. I saw the alarming revival of 80's fashion trends that should have remained dead, and I did my best to keep quiet, hunker down, and wait for the fads to blow over. Again.

But some things cannot go ignored. Behold, the four shoes of the apocalypse.



Photos courtesy of zappos.com

Leg warmers, sweat bands, slouchy white boots, and... good god, how does one even begin to describe that last monstrosity? I shudder to think what sort of outfits would be worn with these things.

Stop the madness, people. I beg you.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *Sigh.*

    Like herpes, the 80's keep coming back like this festering sore that you keep taking medicine for but it just refuses to leave your system.

    The Leprechauns, however, a dangerous affinity for metallized boots such as the last one pictured.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger CrankyBiscuit said…

    It’s not really the boot portion of that shoe that is so offensive as much as the hideously chintzy set of plastic charm anklets that are attached. I have seen these boots in person, and the plastic is so obviously cheap that I’m surprised they didn’t break apart under my horrified glare.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Harrods Girl said…

    I've never been one for the 80s fashion. But the unfortunate truth is that designers nowadays create new fashion by reusing old ideas. We await the day that a fashion pioneer saves the fashion industry.

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Dimestore Lipstick said…

    The white slouchy boot, I'm pretty sure, requires acid-washed denim and big hair...

    I think I feel ill.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home