Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Everyday clutches

Last week, Carrie asked me to suggest a good clutch for everyday use. I'm partial to clutches that come with removable wristlets or shoulder straps, since I love to have options.

Photo courtesy of eluxury.com

I immediately thought of the tried and true Louis Vuitton pochette in the classic and durable Damier canvas. Of course, it is available in the standard Monogram canvas, but I find this one to be more understated. Additionally, the chocolate leather of the removable strap stands up to wear and dirt much better than the natural vachetta, which is something to consider in an everday bag.

Photo courtesy of eluxury.com

Another accessories pouch by Louis Vuitton, this time in their gorgeously grained Epi leather. Also available in Moka, New Red, and Myrtille Blue.

Photo courtesy of burberry.com

I'm loving this Burberry wristlet clutch, which also comes in black. It even has a little key clochette, which is completely unnecessary, but so cute.

Photo courtesy of saks.com

This Cole Haan leather wristlet has a great shape and a good price, but I'm not sure about the green. It comes in hot pink as well, but I unfortunately don't have a pic.

Photo courtesy of bananarepublic.com

Lastly, there's this wonderful washed leather wrist-strap clutch from Banana Republic, which is on sale and a steal at $34.99. It has spiffy hardware accents and is casual but elegant. I also like it in Vintage Beige, a great go-with-everything color.

That's all I found yesterday, any reader suggestions?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jasmine said…

    I love wristlets. I got a lovely Coach leather wristlet as a bridesmaid gift last summer, and I've found it's the perfect size for my work id, a lighter, and a pack of cigarettes. I went back to the Coach web site to see if mine was still available, and it is, just not in the same cool pistachio green.

    So I give you the Coach SoHo Mini Signature Skinny Wristlet. I think it looks best in pale pink with the bronze piping.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ahh! THANK YOU, I am forever grateful! I absolutely LOVE the Burberry one, it's simply adorable!

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger CrankyBiscuit said…

    Well, generally I just loop the strap around my wrist, but if I am in a crowded situation or walking about outside, I will hold on to it for extra security. Basically, wear it any way that makes you feel comfortable!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home