Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Metallic Alligator Classic 2.55 Flap Bag

When Chanel announced that it was reissuing its iconic 2.55 bag, I was rather ambivalent. Sure, it's elegant and timeless, but the quilted leather felt a tad too matronly for my taste. I was immune to the frenzy infecting my fellow handbag lovers. That is, until I saw this:


Photo courtesy of chanel.com

Holy. Mother. Of. God. I actually gasped when I saw this picture. In metallic alligator, the classic 2.55 is transformed into the height of sexiness. Paired with the matching Dorseys, it makes a traffic-stopping combo. To order, call (800) 550-0005, and be ready to hand over an arm and a leg.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I lurve the bag! Wonder how much it will cost..

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger ABC said…

    Wow! That is certainly a billion times better than the grandma bags they've been putting out.

     
  • At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Does anyone else have the Chanel website problem where you click on a link and the whole site disappears? Or is it just me? I went there to find out how much this one costs...

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If only I could afford it... sigh!

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dinah said…

    This is such a great bag that does not look lke my grandma would want to wear it.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How much?? If it's real alligator/croc, it's got to be $10K at least!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The cost of this one is $18,950.00 before tax. I'm on the waiting list now!

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahha...it doesnot look nice on da door...

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger CrankyBiscuit said…

    I saw this bag a couple of days ago IRL in the Chanel boutique at the Bellagio... gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home