Thursday, September 22, 2005

Judith Leiber's Crazy is Spreading

I'm not quite sure what to make of the purses designed by Timmy Woods.


Photo courtesy of timmywoods.com

I don't know whether I should be amused that she had the sense of humor to think up and produce these little conversation pieces, or if I should be afraid that someone might actually decide to carry one of them in earnest.

If, for some reason, you want your handbag collection to look as if it was solely comprised of items raided from your Nana's curio cabinet, there's a whole assortment of dog breeds for you to choose from. That's not all! They also have cats, horses, cattle, fish, even an armadillo for your little purse menagerie. The items are handcarved from acacia wood and range from $220 for the simpler pieces to over $2000 for the crystal-encrusted creations. Care and feeding may be extra.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Susan B said…

    I've never understood the Judith Leiber bag thing. Just a little too precious for me.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those 'bags' are laughable!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Bag chick said…

    Shoot me now...my mother collects Corgi things. I'm so glad she doesn't read your blog Cranky Biscuit.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Christian said…

    That's great! But when you're wearing the doggie necklace and carrying these horrendous purses, what shoes will possibly match??

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Dinah said…

    These bags are way too funny. Anyone that wears this type of bag must have the same dog to match :).

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Spluch said…

    The bags are hilarious! Great for putting a smile on someone's face. ^_*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home