Friday, April 01, 2005

Why wasn't I born rich?

I really need to stop browsing on eluxury, because the number of achingly beautiful but expensive purses there is starting to depress me. Marc Jacobs in particular is doing a great job of trying to tempt me into debt with his Selma bag.

Photo courtesy of eluxury.com

This color is called "passion fruit." It sounds delicious as it looks, doesn't it? It fits comfortably under the arm and features eye-catching golden clasp hardware. And of course, it wouldn't be a Marc Jacobs bag without the signature twin pockets! My favorite part is that this baby is made of calf leather and lined in suede, which is a luxury now that many designers are switching to fabric linings or other man-made materials as a cost-cutting measure.

Looking at this picture before tax day is just torture. But I can't help myself.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger JT said…

    Oh my god. It's gorg!

    The material looks absolutely decadent.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger michelle said…

    oh marc...he knows how to drive a girl crazy!

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love the eluxury but i too am only a small teenager and while i crave the new cherry LV and have the money to buy the speedy in account, my mom would call this the actions of a crazy girl, so no cherry LV for me. for the girl who wants cute, and affordable bags the new coach line is very stylish that is the thinking of mine.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Carolina.Leon41 said…

    Hi- I just came across this post for the Marc Jacobs Selma bag. It was given to me two years ago but I've never worn it- it's still in the dustbag. I want to sell it but people keep trying to scam me on Craigslist and Ebay's charges for sold items are ridiculous. If any of you are interested it's lavender with silver hardware (it's gorgeous). Please email me at carolina.leon41@yahoo.com if you're interested.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home