Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The post in which I can't shut up about Paddingtons

How do you make a bag more fabulous than the Lizard Paddington?


You make it in CROCODILE. Words cannot describe how I love this bag. Some of that trademark slouchiness has been sacrificed, but it's much more formal and elegant in this luxe skin. This heartstopping arm candy rings in at a staggering $12,880 and is available for pre-order now.



If you don't have the twelve grand handy, you can always make due with the $1,695 large metallic Paddington, which is in stock now. I do like it, but it kind of reminds me of the tinfoil swans encasing leftover ribs at the local Tony Roma's.


On the other hand, I find this gold Paddington satchel to be just divine. It's a fantastic size and shape, and surprisingly understated despite the color. This gorgeous bag is on pre-order now for $1,825.

Photos courtesy of bergdorfgoodman.com

4 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Only $1,695?! Great! I'll take all the money out of my savings and grab this great deal :)

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Dinah said…

    I really like the last one the best. The style and shape is fantastic and the price is so much better....

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger ET said…

    I just received my light blue Paddington and I am wondering about using the Purseket (which I received yesterday!) in it. It seems to take up all the vertical space in the bag, not letting it "slouch"...is this good for the bag? For the purseket (medium size)? It looks nice and organized (and I found my keys this morning without any trouble), but I am worried it might be too big for the height of this bag. What do you think?

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Pixiette said…

    The Paddington style looks even MORE kick butt with cow-print suede ALONG WITH the croc...

    I'm waiting for Chloe to come out with it... I think they have something going in the design chambers that mixes suede + croc on the Paddington.

    Why do I bring this up?

    I've seen it... it was STUNNING....
    but, it wasn't real i dont think. I saw it in a super hip part of NYC last year this time and I would've gotten it if it weren't a knockoff.

    They were made SO nicely (without logos) with such gorgeous,luxurious materials that I thought I was going to get a heart attack cuz they weren't real.

    Anyhoo I'm going to keep waiting and searching in the meantime.

    Nice blog btw.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home