Monday, December 12, 2005

Louis Vuitton Cabas Toile GM

One of the most common reasons people tell me they don't like Monogram Canvas purses (aside from simple aesthetic issues) is that they feel like they are paying what seems like an obscene amount of money to be a walking advertisement for the bag maker. I do see their point, but then I look at the Cabas Toile GM, and suddenly Monogram looks like the epitome of understatement.


Photo courtesy of eluxury.com

Apparently, this is for the person who spends $1,570 for a canvas tote, and wants you to KNOW IT. Brace yourselves for next season, when Louis Vuitton unveils their line of designer sandwich boards and wearable neon signs.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At some point you have to compare the cost of materials to the retail price...thousand-dollar canvas? I don't think so! (unless they tell me the hardware is 18K sold gold!)

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cheese, pure cheese!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    I saw this bag at the Louis Vuitton store in Paris a few weeks ago. I thought it was lovely...and would totally be a walking adverts for them (if someone else bought it for me).

    Man, those things are a lot of money. They had luggage for like 80k! Tell me, who needs that crap?

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honestly, this purse is horrid. But I am sure Label Whores would love it.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Dinah said…

    When I saw this I could not belive that they would design something like this. If you take the tacky lable off it really is a nice bag. It is a little too over the top for me...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home