Friday, August 26, 2005

Vacation daydreams

I must be sorely in need of a vacation, because I'm obsessed with luggage recently. And not just any luggage, mind you. Pink luggage. It seems that by skipping my "I love pink! *Squeee*!!" phase when I was nine, the fixation has come back to haunt me 20 years later, with a vengeance.

Which is why I adore this glossy pink polycarbonate carry-on from Hex. It's super lightweight, has wide-set skate wheels for smooth, stable rolling and most importantly, it's shiny and pink. It comes in 10 colors, including a blindingly bright fuchsia, but this hue is definitely the winner.



I also like these sweet matching travel pieces from Diane Von Furstenberg. The classic duffel look translated into rolling luggage is rather unusual, but it works. The collection is simple and feminine, and the bright pink is a great contrast to the natural suede trim.



When I reach the final stages of my regression to a 9-year old girl, I will be ready to carry the Roxy Bermuda collection. Very exuberant and fun, but not exactly age-appropriate. At least I wouldn't have any trouble finding these puppies in the sea of black Samsonite at LAX.



Well, I'm off to dream of piƱa coladas and white sand beaches before I have to check back in to the daily grind on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Photos courtesy of ebags.com

4 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was in the same situation as u, and when i finally found a fuschia pink delsey luggage, i bought it straight away.

    now, all i get are stares of admiration n less confusion when the luggages start to roll out.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Gabs said…

    i agree cranky...the glossy is very appealing

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Jasmine said…

    And if nothing else, pink luggage is always easy to spot at baggage claim in a sea of black roll-ons. I use a Jane Fox green corduroy embroidered with pink dragonflies. My luggage tag is pink vinyl, and shaped like a poodle.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jasmine said…

    Check it out, the New York Times' is hip to pink luggage, too: So, Which Bag Did You Say Was Yours?.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home