Friday, June 17, 2005

A wonderful lapse in taste

Leave it to Dior to take leopard print to a whole new level of tacky-fabulous.

Photo courtesy of eluxury.com

It's rather appropriately named the Diva Leopard Bag, and my inner drag queen demands to have one of these. There is not a single subtle element on this bag- it couldn't be more eye-catching if it were on fire. From the leopard calf hair to the huge Dior medallion on the flap, it's all in-your-face kitsch, and Lord, how I love it.

This purse makes me want to knock back a couple of cosmopolitans and hop a plane to Vegas with it this very instant. That has to be a good thing.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Susan B said…

    Ohhhh, during my Kitch Years, I would have sold my car to buy that bag....

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger Petra said…

    Haha - absolutely! I would book myself on that very same plane to Vegas wearing my own special drag queen outfit!! So - see you in Vegas then...

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger Petra said…

    Haha - absolutely! I would book myself on that very same plane to Vegas wearing my own special drag queen outfit!! So - see you in Vegas then...

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great shape on the bag...too bad for that huge, glaring Dior buckle....whatever happened to understated elegance? Shouldn't the bag speak for itself in the quality and craftsmanship and not by the big, stupid logo. This is the problem with bags these days...their makers want us to become walking billboards for their merchandise. They inspire counterfitters because of their obviousness. It's a little annoying.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Bag chick said…

    It's rather Dolce for Dior.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello trashy. I love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home