Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Dooney & Burke Bolero Bag

While I was shopping last weekend, I happened to glance at the window display at the Dooney & Burke boutique. What I saw there stopped me in my tracks.

Photo courtesy of dooney.com

I actually stood there gaping at it for several seconds, immobilized by its sheer ugliness. It looks like it was created by a color-blind 7-year old at summer camp, a lanyard gone horribly wrong.

And the color combinations! Turquoise, pink, and sunflower... Fuchsia, sunflower, and sky blue... Kiwi, tangerine, sunflower... My eyes ache at the very mention of those bright hues warring with another on one handbag.

Now excuse me, but I have to get this purse off my monitor before it permanently burns its image into the screen.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger JT said…

    Haha, it looks like the candy house from Hansel and Gretel.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My god... that is UGLY!

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Susan B said…

    LOL! My reaction exactly! Gah.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger ET said…

    Actually I did make this when I was seven at summer camp. If the patent is still valid, I think I can sue! Mwahahaha...

    I am a total purse snob. I have never been able to bring myself to buy or carry anything from Dooney.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger YellowRose said…

    I agree...the most horrible bag I have ever seen!!!! it burns my eyes!!!!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger CrankyBiscuit said…

    $365. Can you believe the gall?

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Gabs said…

    It's a definite no go. Screams cheap- I havn't been a fan of Dooney since high school. Looks like they are struggling to keep up. love your site!!

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger ET said…

    The only interesting thing Dooney has done recently is their new BIG shoulder bag that has blue logo print and red leather trim...it is the love child of the Gucci horsebit hobo and the new LV denim/red handbags. Who exactly does this blue-and-red color scheme work for?

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You all have absolutely no taste. This is the best thing Dooney has done. It is FUNKY. Love it

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you all are wierd you guys have no taste, the people who say its ugly well i think you all have no money to buy it haha you all are haters

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger honeebee said…

    hey girls! i'm about to turn 57 and believe me, i can carry off this bag and then some! this speaks volumes about the bag as well as me. anyone who shirks this bag, shirks life!!! ride'em cowgirl!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home