Friday, February 04, 2005

Handbag Nirvana

No handbag blog would be complete without a nod to one particular purse, so let's just get this out of the way, shall we?

Here is the purse that many women would sell a kidney for, the Holy Grail of all handbags: The Hermes Crocodile Birkin.

Picture courtesy of Creatures*de*Lux, a great ebay seller with fabulous bags.

Got a spare $20k just lying around? Maybe you're thinking of picking up one of these puppies?

Well, tough luck. The waiting list for the Birkin bag is currently closed. And once you do somehow, magically get on the wait list, it's around 2 years before you get that fateful call. Otherwise you're looking to spend closer to $30k by buying it off ebay.

But is it worth it? All the pain and hassle and money just for a handstitched exotic leather purse?

I wish I could tell you, but only the fabulously wealthy can say. But God, I'd like to think so.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger LonaDay said…

    whoa 20k? waiting list? i'm not THAT bagcrazy.

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger Inwardly Confused said…

    I'd sell my husbands nuts for one of those babies.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    i dream about this bag. it is perhaps the only bag that my boyfriend knows the name of because he so often hears me muttering in my sleep "birkin....birkin...birkin". i'm serious.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger moonshower said…

    This would be the ultimate bag. Looks good with everything. So worth the $20k.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CrankyBiscuit, I really was not finding a lot of good purse related sites. I started searching on the search engines for purse and handbag related websites using the keyword dooney and burke purse and found your awesome page with the title this post. I am looking for ideas on how to improve my own site using different keywords and was amazed how easy it was to find your site using the keyword dooney and burke purse. Could we do a link exchange at some point? Anyway, thanks and I’m glad I found you on the web.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Runaway surfing. I have no idea what I am looking for today. No chat rooms today. Just looking. discount coach handbag websites are my thing today. So, have a cool day. Nice site, blog whatever. Going to surf some hat, discount coach handbag, and shoe sites now.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger jenifer said…

    I have seen at CouponAlbum site good collection of designer handbags at discounted price...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home